21. Adenoids enlarged A. lingual tonsils. B. pharyngeal tonsils. C. : 1380547.
21. Adenoids are enlarged
A. lingual tonsils.
B. pharyngeal tonsils.
C. palatine tonsils.
D. cervical lymph nodes.
E. axillary lymph nodes.
A. increase in size in adults.
B. are located in both the oral and abdominal cavities.
C. provide protection against bacteria entering the oral and nasal cavities.
D. contain red pulp and white pulp.
E. are not functional in children.
23. The palatine tonsils
A. interfere with breathing when enlarged.
B. are located at the junction of the oral cavity and pharynx.
C. are located superior to the palate.
D. are really lymph nodes in disguise.
E. are located in the nasopharynx.
24. Bean-shaped lymphatic organs found along lymphatic vessels are called
A. lymph nodes.
B. medullary cords.
C. cisterna chyli.
E. lymph nodules.
25. Lymph nodes are surrounded by a dense connective tissue called
E. basement membrane.
26. Bacteria and debris are actively removed from the lymph by _____ in the sinuses of lymph nodes.
A. trabecular cells
B. germinal cells
E. plasma cells
27. Germinal centers are the sites of
A. increased blood flow to the lymph nodes.
B. fluid production.
C. increased flow of lymph from infected tissues.
D. entrance of lymph into lymph nodes.
E. proliferation of lymphocytes in the lymph nodes.
28. Lymph exits a lymph node via the
A. efferent lymphatic vessels.
B. afferent lymphatic vessels.
C. cortical sinuses.
E. lymphatic duct.
29. The only structures that filter lymph is/are the
C. lymph nodes.
30. The spleen
A. filters damaged red blood cells from the blood.
B. changes undifferentiated lymphocytes into competent lymphocytes.
C. is necessary for life. It can’t be removed without causing death.
D. produces several different hormones with unknown function.
E. has additional digestive functions.
21. Adenoids enlarged A. lingual tonsils. B. pharyngeal tonsils. C. : 1380547