21. Chromium a component of the factor that facilitates the : 1361645.
21. Chromium is a component of the factor that facilitates the action of insulin. This factor is called
a. factor III.
b. antipernicious factor.
c. glucogenic factor.
d. glucose tolerance factor.
22. A significant food source of selenium is
b. processed snacks.
c. canned fruit.
d. a fresh apple.
23. The main function of fluoride is to
a. provide structural support.
b. prevent anemia.
c. prevent dental caries.
d. slow aging.
24. Trace minerals are called “trace” because they are
a. not as important as the other minerals.
b. found in small quantities in food sources.
c. found in small quantities in the body.
d. difficult to detect in the body.
25. Minerals are
a. organic compounds.
c. made by plants.
d. liquid at room temperature.
26. An example of a lunch high in potassium is a
a. hamburger on a bun with sliced tomatoes.
b. grilled cheese sandwich and pretzels.
c. pasta salad and hard roll.
d. bagel with cream cheese and dill pickle.
27. Potassium deficiency may be caused by
b. food poisoning.
c. psychological stress.
d. myocardial infarction.
28. Amino acids that contain sulfur are
a. phenylalanine and calcium.
b. threonine and tyrosine.
c. methionine and cystine.
d. leucine and tryptophan.
29. The trace element the body needs to produce antibodies, convert carotene to vitamin A, and form hemoglobin is
30. A significant source of phosphorus would be provided by
a. lean broiled beef.
b. an apple.
21. Chromium a component of the factor that facilitates the : 1361645