21) Diverticulosis occurs when mucosa become inflamed and protrude through : 1221315.
21) Diverticulosis occurs when mucosa become inflamed and protrude through the wall of the small intestine.
22) Enzymes of the microvilli are called brush border enzymes.
23) Absence of either bile or pancreatic juice indicates that no fat digestion or absorption is occurring. This can lead to blood-clotting problems because the liver needs vitamin K to make prothrombin.
24) Secretin and cholecystokinin influence the release of both pancreatic juice and bile.
25) Bacteria in the small intestine make some vitamins, such as some B and K.
26) Mass movements are slow-moving contractile waves that move over large areas of the colon three or four times each day.
27) Sugars and starches are classified as lipids.
28) Anabolism is the process in which larger molecules are built from smaller ones.
29) Proteins are broken down into building blocks known as amino acids by the digestive system.
30) Optimal health of tissues is achieved when HDL and LDL are present in equal amounts within the bloodstream.
31) The body’s thermostat, which constantly regulates body temperature, is located within the hypothalamus.
32) Watery stools that result when food residue is rushed through the large intestine before sufficient water has been reabsorbed, causing dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, is called constipation.
21) Diverticulosis occurs when mucosa become inflamed and protrude through : 1221315