21. Each of the following a goal of the Dietary : 1400652.
21. Each of the following is a goal of the Dietary Guidelines except
A. balance kilocalories to manage weight.
B. reduce certain foods and food components.
C. build healthy eating patterns.
D. increase protein intake.
22. ChooseMyPlate.gov is a Web-based communication and education initiative developed by the
23. MyPlate is an illustrated graphic used to summarize guidelines for healthy eating and is referred to as a
A. food guidance system.
B. food intake system.
C. food managing system.
D. food awareness manager.
24. The different-colored sections on MyPlate are used to represent
A. nutrient density.
B. food groups.
C. energy density.
D. serving/portion sizes.
25. The principle of proportionality in MyPlate refers to
A. reducing portion sizes to support weight loss.
B. promoting larger portions for active people.
C. showing the relative proportion of foods in a healthy diet.
D. indicating portion sizes for different age groups.
26. Which of the following nutrition messages is conveyed in MyPlate?
A. Enjoy your food and eat as much as you like.
B. Make half your plate fruit and vegetables.
C. Drink whole milk.
D. all of the above
27. Vigorous activity is defined as expending
A. > 7.0 kilocalories per minute.
B. 3.5 to 7.0 kilocalories per minute.
C. 6.0 to 7.0 kilocalories per minute.
D. none of the above
28. Satiety ratios are determined/calculated by examining
A. size of the meal based on time between meals.
B. time between meals based on size of previous meal.
C. size of meal based on DRIs.
D. size of meal based on weight.
29. All of the following must be printed on a food label except
A. ingredients (in descending order by weight).
B. uniform serving size compared with similar products.
C. potassium, folic acid, and chloride levels.
D. name and address of the manufacturer or distributor.
30. Which of the following does not require a food label?
A. packaged tea and coffee
B. spices, herbs, flavorings
C. deli items
D. all of the above