21) Folds of mucous membrane called __________ vibrate to provide : 1221304.
21) Folds of mucous membrane called __________ vibrate to provide speech.
22) The serous membrane that surrounds each lung is created by a parietal and visceral __________.
23) The division of the trachea produces two tubes called the right and left main (primary) __________.
24) “Dust cells” that wander in and out of the alveoli, picking up bacteria, carbon particles, and other debris, are actually __________.
25) The air sacs of the lungs are called __________.
26) The process of moving air into and out of the lungs is commonly called breathing or __________.
27) Gas exchange between the blood and tissue cells is called __________.
28) The inspiratory muscles that contract so we can inspire air are the __________ and __________.
29) The presence of air in the intrapleural space is known as __________.
30) Normal quiet breathing moves about __________ mL of air into and out of the lungs with each breath.
21) Folds of mucous membrane called __________ vibrate to provide : 1221304