21. For older adults, it important that
a. all adults perform : 1361669.
21. For older adults, it is important that
a. all adults perform 150 minutes of high-intensity exercise every week.
b. adults between the ages of 65-75 be active at least 3 times per week.
c. adults be as physically active as condition and ability allows during the week.
d. all adults perform aerobic exercise 60 minutes each day of the week.
22. Of the following, an activity that would be the most beneficial for a person with diabetes would be
a. playing video games 2 hours a day.
b. a walking regimen as approved by his or her physician.
c. eating fast foods only 3 times per week.
d. swimming 10 miles 7 days a week.
23. The feeling of well-being after a vigorous workout may be from the production of
24. An athlete consumes a light meal of pasta with vegetables, fruit, and yogurt. Before beginning a competitive event, the athlete should wait
a. 30 to 60 minutes.
b. 1 to 2 hours.
c. 2 to 3 hours.
d. 3 to 4 hours.
25. Some fat in the diet is required to provide
a. essential fatty acids.
b. sufficient energy for all activities.
c. cholesterol for hormone production.
d. adequate body fat stores.
26. A food that may be a good source of iron for female and adolescent athletes is
a. ice cream.
b. whole milk.
c. dried apricots
27. Before running 3 miles, an athlete should
a. take a 5-minute shower to prevent fatigue.
b. perform 25 pushups for muscle strength.
c. eat a high protein, high fat meal for energy.
d. perform stretching exercises to prevent injury.
28. An appropriate amount of exercise for a 12-year-old would be
a. no more than 15 minutes of stretching per day.
b. at least 20 minutes of physical activity per week.
c. at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
d. no more than 30 minutes of physical activity every other day.