21) In which group smuts and rusts found?
C) : 1380888.
21) In which group are smuts and rusts found?
22) The two most closely related groups of fungi are the:
A) zygomycetes and chytrids.
B) basidiomycetes and ascomycetes.
C) basidiomycetes and zygomycetes.
D) ascomycetes and zygomycetes.
23) The fungal group with the largest number of known species is:
24) As part of your independent study of pond water samples, you notice one of the flagellated organisms latch on to a pollen grain and eventually release spores. You initially thought you were looking at a group exclusively made of protists, but upon further observation, you realize the organism you have been observing is classified with the fungi. In which group would you place this organism?
25) An organism that obtains its nutrition from dead organic matter is a:
26) Lichens are:
A) a mutualistic association of algae or photosynthetic bacteria and fungi.
B) algae-like fungi.
C) fungi that grow on the roots of plants.
D) fungi adapted for life in rocky soil.
27) Mycorrhizae are a:
A) parasitic association between algae and fungi.
B) parasitic association between animals and fungi.
C) mutualistic association between plant roots and a fungus.
D) mutualistic association between algae and plant roots.
28) Ecologically speaking, most soil fungi are to plant roots as:
A) viruses are to animals.
B) smut fungi are to corn.
C) mosquitoes are to mammals.
D) intestinal bacteria are to humans.