21. Joan thinking about becoming a vegan. Her mother warns : 1400751.
21. Joan is thinking about becoming a vegan. Her mother warns her that her diet will be lacking which vitamin?
22. Which food should be eaten in order to enhance the bioavailability of iron?
C. whole-grain bread
23. Vitamin C is involved in all of the following except
A. collagen synthesis.
B. tyrosine synthesis.
C. neurotransmitter synthesis.
D. DNA synthesis.
24. Where is vitamin B6 activated to form its active form, pyridoxal phosphate (PLP)?
25. Recent research indicates that vitamin B6, along with folate and vitamin B12, may help reduce the risk of
A. colon cancer.
B. heart disease.
26. All of the following are classified as B vitamins except
C. pantothenic acid.
27. Which of the following individuals is most likely to benefit from a vitamin C supplement?
A. a vegan
B. a person under acute stress
C. a person with a cold
D. all of the above
28. The best way to prevent colds is to
A. wash your hands regularly.
B. take vitamin C supplements.
C. take echinacea supplements.
D. take cobalamin supplements.
29. In which organ is intrinsic factor made?
D. salivary glands
30. To increase your intake of vitamin B12, eat all the following foods except