21) Large wrinkle-like folds in the stomach lining, present when : 1221321.
21) Large wrinkle-like folds in the stomach lining, present when the stomach is empty, that allow for expansion when the stomach is filling are called __________.
22) Intrinsic factor, produced by cells in the stomach, is necessary for the absorption of vitamin __________ in the small intestine.
23) The shortest region of the small intestine is the __________.
24) The fingerlike projections of the small intestine increase the surface area and are known as __________.
25) Bile is formed by the __________.
26) The rich capillary bed and modified lymphatic capillary found within each villus is called a __________.
27) Cells abundant within the large intestine that produce large amounts of lubricating mucus to aid in the passage of feces to the end of the digestive tract are called __________.
28) The process of chewing is known as __________.
29) The number of baby teeth a child has is __________.
30) The material on the outermost surface of the root that attaches a tooth to the periodontal membrane (ligament) is called __________.