21) Peptide bonds chemical bonds in which the amine group : 1201364.
21) Peptide bonds are chemical bonds in which the amine group of one amino acid binds to the acid group of another amino acid.
22) During transcription, mRNA copies genetic information from DNA and carries it to the cytoplasm for synthesis.
23) The essential amino acid found in the shortest supply or missing from the amino acid pool is called a complementary amino acid.
24) Complementary proteins provide all twenty essential amino acids.
Nutrition Debate Questions
2) According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), which of the following is/are responsible for 18% of the gases responsible for global warming?
C) livestock production
Questions from Chapter Boxes
1) Carlos is a healthy 19-year-old college student who is sedentary. He is 5’11” tall and weighs 175 pounds. How many grams of protein would you recommend he consume each day?
A) 55 grams
B) 64 grams
C) 75 grams
D) 84 grams
2) The majority of athletes can obtain an adequate amount of protein from eating a healthy diet.
3) Which of the following is NOT a reason athletes have higher dietary protein needs than sedentary individuals?
A) During exercise more protein is needed to carry oxygen in the blood.
B) During exercise additional protein is needed to make glucose to prevent hypoglycemia.
C) During exercise additional protein is needed to repair the tissue damaged during exercise.
D) During exercise, protein is used as a primary source of energy.
4) Bodybuilders and weight lifters need as much as 2 times more protein than the RDA.
21) Peptide bonds chemical bonds in which the amine group : 1201364