21) Reduced-fat milk should not be given to children until : 1201323.
21) Reduced-fat milk should not be given to children until the age of 2.
22) The key macronutrient for the development of the nervous system during the toddler and preschool years is carbohydrate.
23) A vegan diet is potentially nutritionally risky for toddlers.
24) Childhood overweight and obesity are defined by determining a child’s fat composition.
25) Added to municipal water supplies or taken as a supplement, chlorine will help deter the development of dental caries.
Nutrition Debate Questions
1) Which of the following is a benefit of regular physical activity for older adults?
A) reduces the risk of cancer
B) a lower risk of hypertension and obesity
C) a lower rate of depression and dementia
D) less risk of falls and fractures
2) Recent data from the CDC indicates that over half of the “young elderly” report participating in a regular program of vigorous activity.
3) Which of the following will increase the risk of exercise-related cardiac events in older adults?
A) careful evaluation by a health care provider
B) familiarity with signs of cardiac impairment (e.g., shortness of breath, chest pain)
C) supervised warm-up and cool-down activities
D) rigorous exercise only on the weekends
Questions from Chapter Boxes
1) There are no risks involved in offering vegan diets to toddlers.
2) Which of the following is NOT associated with eating a healthy breakfast?
A) impairs students’ ability to learn
B) improves attention and memory
C) reduces math mistakes
D) reduces tardiness and improves overall attendance
3) The so-called “silver” vitamin and mineral supplements are just a marketing ploy and do not provide any health benefits to seniors compared to standard supplements.
21) Reduced-fat milk should not be given to children until : 1201323