21. The World Health Organization estimates that more than ________ : 1400892.
21. The World Health Organization estimates that more than ________ of all childhood deaths in developing countries are associated with malnutrition.
22. Which of the following is not one of the main causes of death among malnourished children?
23. Which of the following micronutrient deficiencies is most common among the malnourished in the world today?
A. vitamin C deficiency
B. selenium deficiency
C. iodine deficiency
D. niacin deficiency
24. Land reform might help alleviate hunger in poor countries by
A. putting more land in the hands of small farmers.
B. encouraging the growth of industrial farming.
C. promoting cash crops for export.
D. increasing livestock production.
25. Which of the following is not a food assistance program in the United States?
26. The development of “golden rice” is an example of the use of ________ to combat world hunger and malnutrition.
A. land management
B. water usage
D. organic farming
27. The World Health Organization estimates that inadequate water or sanitation is responsible for 88 percent of all illnesses related to
28. In 2011, what percentage of Americans lived in households with “very low food security”?
A. nearly 2 percent
B. nearly 4 percent
C. nearly 6 percent
D. none of the above
29. In 2011, how many Americans lived in food-insecure households?
A. around 40 million
B. around 45 million
C. around 50 million
D. around 55 million
30. Which of the following states had above-average food insecurity during the period 2009—2011?