21. To increase shelf life, which of the following may : 1361660.
21. To increase shelf life, which of the following may be treated by irradiation?
22. Standard information on the Nutrition Facts panel on a food label includes
a. serving size.
b. cooking instructions.
c. whether the product is kosher.
d. total calories per container.
23. If a food has a label description of low cholesterol, it must also be low in
c. saturated fat.
d. total fat.
24. A microorganism that can live and grow without oxygen is called
25. Someone who has flu-like symptoms (severe diarrhea, fever, and headache) 3 days after attending a catered event probably has
b. a food-borne infection.
c. bacterial food poisoning.
d. heavy metal poisoning.
26. Most food-related hazards to consumers are caused by
a. food-borne illness.
b. overuse of additives.
c. contamination of foods with pesticides.
d. eating fish from contaminated water.
27. A food item that is a particularly effective carrier of Staphylococcal food poisoning is
a. potato salad.
b. an apple.
c. sweet potato.
d. a soda cracker.
28. A food item that contains lecithin is
a. baking soda.
b. ice cream.
c. baked potato.
d. whole wheat bread.
29. A health claim allowed by the Food and Drug Administration would be
a. low sodium and the prevention of hypertension.
b. a low-carbohydrate diet and the prevention of obesity.
c. supplemental vitamin A and the prevention of osteoporosis.
d. high protein intake and an increased risk of cancer.
30. An example of a food covered by a Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) voucher would be
b. fortified cereal.
d. chocolate chip cookies.
21. To increase shelf life, which of the following may : 1361660