21. What the name of the gene that has been : 1400878.
21. What is the name of the gene that has been introduced into corn and provides the crop with resistance to the European corn borer?
A. Gt gene
B. Bt gene
C. Dt gene
D. At gene
22. By creating GMOs, the first goal scientists hoped to achieve was to produce crops that
A. had a longer shelf life.
B. contained more nutrients.
C. were more resistant to pests.
D. could be used for medical purposes.
23. Which of the following concerns is raised by people who oppose GMOs?
A. lower crop yields
B. ecosystem disruption
C. reduced farm subsidies
D. decreased economic activity
24. Which of the following is not true regarding FDA regulation of GE food?
A. Genes used must show no prior evidence of producing harmful substances.
B. GE foods must be monitored for food allergens.
C. GE foods must be monitored to assess unintentional changes in nutrient levels.
D. GE crops must be assessed for their impact on wildlife.
25. Which of the following is not one of the “Core Four” of keeping food safe in the kitchen?
26. The recommended minimum time for washing hands before handling food is
A. 10 seconds.
B. 20 seconds.
C. 30 seconds.
D. 40 seconds.
27. Which of the following federal agencies does not help protect the food supply?
28. What does APHIS do to promote food safety?
A. monitors meat, poultry, and eggs
B. monitors fruit, vegetables, and grains
C. protects against plant and animal pests and disease
D. protects people and the environment from harmful pesticides
29. Which of the following food preservation methods relies on heat to destroy pathogens?
C. high-pressure processing
D. modified atmosphere packing
30. Irradiation is not helpful in destroying or controlling