21) Which of the following associated with the development of : 1201343.
21) Which of the following is associated with the development of ketosis?
A) a diet that contains too much fat
B) a diet that contains insufficient fat
C) a diet that contains too much carbohydrate
D) a diet that contains insufficient carbohydrate
22) Which of the following is NOT a symptom/side effect of ketosis?
A) bad breath
B) high blood cholesterol
D) ketoacidosis (acidic pH of the blood)
23) A diet low in fiber is associated with an increased risk of developing
A) kidney stones.
B) dental caries.
24) Insoluble fiber consumption is associated with decreased
A) blood cholesterol levels.
B) blood glucose levels.
C) risk of diverticulosis.
D) risk of breast cancer.
25) Which of the following are substances in plant foods that are NOT absorbed by the body?
C) dietary fiber
D) simple sugars
26) Mucilage is a type of fiber used to
A) thicken jams and yogurts.
B) promote regular bowel movements.
C) sweeten food.
D) stabilize foods.
27) How many grams of carbohydrate per day are recommended to prevent ketosis in healthy individuals?
A) 75 grams
B) 100 grams
C) 130 grams
D) 160 grams
28) Which of the following is NOT a health problem related to eating too much sugar?
A) hyperactivity in children
B) tooth decay
29) Sugar alcohols are most often used in which of the following products?
A) diet sodas
B) baked confections
C) chewing gums
D) infant formulas
30) Which artificial sweetener was linked with bladder tumors in experimental animals but not in humans?