21) Which of the following concerning olfaction true?
A) Olfactory receptors : 1200293.
21) Which of the following concerning olfaction is true?
A) Olfactory receptors are highly modified neurons.
B) Molecules to be smelled cannot be dissolved first in mucus.
C) Humans have fewer than 10,000 olfactory receptors.
D) Human power of olfaction is as powerful as that of most other mammals.
E) Olfactory stimuli must pass through the thalamus before journeying to the olfactory cortex.
22) Within the olfactory epithelium, which of the following are regenerative stem cells?
A) olfactory bulbs
B) olfactory glands
C) odorant-binding proteins
D) basal cells
E) olfactory tracts
23) Which of the following is a primary taste sensation?
24) There are ________ primary taste sensations.
E) more than 50
25) Taste receptors are
A) found only on the tongue.
B) unable to divide.
C) modified neural cells.
D) specialized epithelial cells.
E) sensitive to pain.
26) Each gustatory cell extends a ________ into the surrounding fluids through a narrow taste pore.
A) taste bud
C) taste hair
D) basal cell
27) Taste buds are monitored by cranial nerves
A) IX, X, and XI.
B) VII, VIII, and IX.
C) VII, IX, and X.
D) V, VII, and IX.
E) IX, XI, and XII.
28) The mechanism of gustatory reception seems to parallel that of
A) light receptors.
C) olfactory receptors.
29) Humans are most sensitive to which taste?
30) Which of the following is part of the inner layer of the wall of the eye?
A) lateral rectus muscle