21. Which of the following must be limited or avoided : 1400840.
21. Which of the following must be limited or avoided in a lactating mother’s diet?
C. certain fish
D. all of the above
22. An infant who is fed cow’s milk instead of breast milk or formula is at risk of developing which of the following conditions?
B. protein-energy malnutrition
23. Which three nutrients need to be added to an infant’s diet?
A. vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin K
B. vitamin D, calcium, and vitamin K
C. iron, vitamin D, and vitamin K
D. iron, calcium, and vitamin D
24. In general, what is a good age to begin introducing solid foods to infants?
A. 2-4 months
B. 4-6 months
C. 6-8 months
D. 8-12 months
25. Which of these foods are best introduced after the infant turns one year of age?
A. rice cereal
B. plain yogurt
C. cow’s milk
D. puréed fruits
26. Fertility typically begins to decline in women starting in their early
27. At the end of the third trimester, a baby will weigh approximately how many pounds?
28. Which of the following conditions is common near the end of pregnancy?
C. weight loss
29. Fish may contain high levels of ________, which can be harmful to a developing fetus.
30. Why might a breast-fed child require a vitamin B12 supplement?
A. if the child shows signs of rickets
B. if the child is underweight
C. if the mother is a strict vegan
D. if the mother is diabetic