21. Which portion of the sperm cell most involved with : 1380658.
21. Which portion of the sperm cell is most involved with penetration of the female sex cell?
22. Sperm are produced in the _____ and complete maturation in the _____.
A. epididymis; testes
B. ductus deferens; epididymis
C. seminiferous tubules; prostate gland
D. seminiferous tubules; epididymis
E. seminiferous tubules; vas deferens
23. A primary spermatocyte is a diploid cell that gives rise to two secondary spermatocytes after the first meiotic division. The primary spermatocyte has
A. 92 chromosomes.
B. 46 chromosomes.
C. 23 chromosomes.
D. 13 chromosomes.
E. no chromosomes.
24. Which of the following is mismatched?
A. ductus deferens – vas deferens
B. epididymis – site of sperm maturation
C. spermatic cord – passes through inguinal canal
D. stereocilia – forms sperm tails
E. midpiece – mitochondria
25. Smooth muscle contractions help to propel sperm in the
A. rete testis.
B. ductus deferens.
C. seminal receptacle.
D. seminiferous tubule.
E. ejaculatory duct.
26. The duct from the seminal vesicle joins the ductus deferens to form the
A. prostatic urethra.
C. sperm cord.
D. ejaculatory duct.
E. spongy urethra.
27. Arrange the following structures in the order sperm would pass through them from the seminiferous tubules to the urethra.
(1) ductus deferens (vas deferens)
(2) efferent ductules
(4) ejaculatory duct
(5) rete testis
A. 5, 3, 2, 1, 4
B. 3, 2, 4, 1, 5
C. 3, 4, 2, 1, 5
D. 5, 2, 4, 3, 1
E. 5, 2, 3, 1, 4
28. The ductus deferens
A. stores sperm until ejaculation.
B. travels through the bladder.
C. ascends the abdominal cavity along the posterior side of the kidney.
D. passes through the inguinal canal and enters the pelvic cavity.
E. passes just beneath the skin to the penis.
29. The male urethra
A. has numerous mucous-secreting glands.
B. extends through the length of the penis.
C. is lined with ciliated cuboidal epithelium.
D. extends from the prostate gland to the ductus deferens.
E. is shorter than the female urethra.
30. In males, both urine and male reproductive fluids travel through the
D. spermatic cord.
E. ductus deferens.
21. Which portion of the sperm cell most involved with : 1380658