22) Some hormones may take up to several hours to : 1380938.
22) Some hormones may take up to several hours to work.
23) The adrenal glands are located close to the heart.
24) Most peptide hormones enter the target cell through large channels.
25) Small amounts of testosterone are made in the ovaries and adrenal glands of females.
26) The endocrine system helps maintain homeostasis through positive feedback.
27) The hypothalamus makes the hormones that are released from the posterior pituitary.
28) Hypothalamic neurons directly control the anterior pituitary with neural stimuli at a synapse.
29) Most of the hormones of the anterior pituitary control other endocrine glands.
30) Follicle-stimulating hormone stimulates thyroid gland follicles to produce T4.
31) Alpha cells of the pancreas make insulin.