31. All of the following correct about treating viral diseases : 1180167.
31. All of the following is correct about treating viral diseases except
A. viruses are killed by the same antibiotics that kill bacteria.
B. many antiviral drugs block viral replication.
C. many antiviral drugs cause severe side effects.
D. interferons show potential for treating and preventing viral infections.
E. All of the choices are correct.
32. The capsomers are made of
33. Viruses that consist of only a nucleocapsid are considered
A. simple viruses.
B. complex viruses.
C. naked viruses.
E. incomplete viruses.
34. The nucleocapsid consists of
A. the capsomers assembled into the capsid.
B. the nucleic acid of the virus only.
C. the nucleic acid along with the capsid.
D. the envelope and capsid.
E. the envelope, nucleic acid, and capsid.
35. Which of the following parts of a virus is not always present?
B. nucleic acid
E. None of the choices are optional parts of a virus.
36. Which of the following viruses did D. Ivanovski and M. Beijerinck work with?
C. Tobacco Mosaic Virus
E. Epstein-Barr virus
37. Viruses belong to which of the following Kingdoms?
E. None of the choices are correct.
38. Which body system is mainly affected by Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease?
39. When a virus enters a lysogenic phase, it means
A. the virus is integrated into the DNA of the host cell and is latent.
B. the virus is bursting through the host cell membrane.
C. the virus is starting biosynthesis of its nucleic acid.
D. the virus will remain in circulation and not continue infecting its host.
E. the number of viruses in the host is decreasing as the immune system becomes effective.
40. All of the following are characteristics of viruses except
A. they can be crystallized.
B. they often have a geometric capsid.
C. they have a viscous fluid inside their capsids.
D. they can cause fatal diseases.
E. they can cause mild diseases.
41. How do enveloped animal viruses exit their host?
A. Budding or exocytosis
B. Bursting the host cell
C. Rupturing the virus
E. None of these are correct
42. Clostridium botulinum is made virulent by incorporated prophage genes encoding for the botulinum toxin. What term describes this process?
A. Lytic phase
D. Lysogenic conversion
E. Latent phase
31. All of the following correct about treating viral diseases : 1180167