31) Canned food producers legally required to eliminate all traces : 1201303.
31) Canned food producers are legally required to eliminate all traces of which of the following from their products?
B) Clostridium botulinum
32) Pasteurization was first developed to kill microorganisms in
33) The antibiotic-resistant bacteria that is thought to result from the use of antibiotics in animals is known as
D) E. coli.
34) Which of the following is an antioxidant added to food as a preservative?
A) vitamin C
35) Which of the following additives gives ham, hot dogs, and bologna their pink color?
C) nitrates and nitrites
36) A process that uses gamma rays to eliminate harmful bacteria in meat and poultry is called
37) Chemicals used to help retain moisture in foods are called
38) Which of the following BEST describes the Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) List?
A) government law that prevents the intentional addition of compounds that have been shown to cause cancer in animals or humans
B) government recommendation that all predatory fish be tested for mercury before being sold to the consumer
C) catalogue of food additives generally regarded as safe; established in 1958 by the U.S. Congress
D) pending legislation to ban irradiation as a method of food preservation
39) Which of the following is an example of a parasite?
40) Which human organ system is MOST affected by toxic levels of mercury?