31) During pregnancy what amount of alcohol consumption considered safe?
A) : 1201311.
31) During pregnancy what amount of alcohol consumption is considered safe?
B) one drink a month
C) one drink a week
D) one drink a day
32) Which of the following foods is considered safe for pregnant women to consume?
A) unpasteurized feta cheese
C) hard-boiled eggs
D) raw bean sprouts
33) During the first six months of lactation, the daily caloric needs of the mother increases by how many kilocalories as compared to prepregnancy levels?
34) The hormones that prepare the breasts physically for lactation are estrogen, progesterone, and
35) The stimulus that is needed for continued and sustained production of breast milk is
A) high fluid intake by the mother.
B) high protein intake by the mother.
C) infant suckling.
36) Which of the following hormones is referred to as the “let down” hormone?
37) Milk that is low in fat and produced first in a nursing session is known as
C) final milk.
38) Which of the following is NOT a maternal benefit of breastfeeding?
A) assists the uterus in returning to prepregnancy size
B) potential decreased risk of breast cancer
C) shortens the intervals between pregnancies
D) is less costly
39) At birth, baby Ramon weighs 8 pounds. If his growth and development are normal, what would you expect Ramon to weigh at his first birthday?
A) 16 pounds
B) 20 pounds
C) 24 pounds
D) 32 pounds
40) Which of the following would NOT be good advice to give to a parent regarding the introduction of solids to their six-month-old infant?
A) Add honey to cereal and fruit to improve infant acceptance of these new foods.
B) Introduce one new food at a time and watch for signs of allergies.
C) Iron-fortified rice cereal is the first food to introduce to your infant.
D) Select commercial baby foods that are low in sodium or sugar.