31) Immediately after absorption, most of the fat-soluble nutrients carried : 1201336.
31) Immediately after absorption, most of the fat-soluble nutrients are carried through which system?
A) the vascular
B) the mesenteric
C) the lymphatic
D) the enterohepatic
32) When blood leaves the small intestine, it is routed directly through the portal vein to the
33) After you eat a meal of a cheeseburger with French fries and a chocolate milk shake, the fat in the meal ultimately causes
A) bile to be secreted into the small intestine to emulsify the fat.
B) a slowing down of the entire digestive process.
C) pancreatic lipase to be secreted into the stomach.
34) The enzyme pancreatic amylase continues the digestion of
35) Which of the body’s systems directs and coordinates the interrelated activities of the gastrointestinal tract?
A) the skeletal system
B) the lymphatic system
C) the cardiovascular system
D) the neuromuscular system
36) Collectively, the nerves of the gastrointestinal tract are referred to as
A) the peptic nervous system.
B) the hepatic nervous system.
C) the enteric nervous system.
D) the gastric nervous system.
37) Which of the following would NOT be recommended for the treatment of GERD?
A) waiting at least 3 hours after eating before lying down
B) eating 2 large meals a day
C) elevating the head 4 to 6 inches while sleeping
D) taking an antacid before eating a meal
38) Which of the following would be an appropriate treatment approach for someone suffering from GERD?
A) surgical removal of the gallbladder
B) omission of all lactose foods
C) antibiotic therapy
D) losing weight and quitting smoking
39) The first part of the small intestine is the
C) ileocecal valve.
40) What is the region of the brain where physiological signals are translated into the message to seek food due to hunger?