31. Of the following, a food choice that would help : 1361676.
31. Of the following, a food choice that would help provide adequate protein for recovery from hepatitis is
a. grilled chicken.
b. apple turnover.
c. fruit salad.
d. English muffin.
32. Ascites, a localized edema of the peritoneal cavity, is caused by
a. low plasma protein levels.
b. inadequate intake of carbohydrate.
c. too much fat in the diet.
d. excessive fluid intake.
33. Crohn’s disease is a(n)
a. disorder of protein metabolism.
b. chronic enzyme deficiency.
c. excess in the production of insulin.
d. inflammatory bowel disease.
34. An elemental diet provides
a. all necessary vitamins and minerals.
b. all nutrients needed in a bland, low-residue form.
c. all nutrients needed in their simplest absorbable form.
d. a diet high in mineral elements.
35. Patients with cystic fibrosis need to take
a. enzymes and supplements.
b. large doses of vitamins and minerals.
c. antidiarrheal agents.
d. hormones and enzymes.
36. A food that is considered a common food allergen is
a. peanut butter.
b. rice crackers.
37. A food that individuals with celiac disease might need to avoid is
a. malted milk.
d. prune juice.
38. A food that individuals with celiac disease would need to eliminate is
a. cream of wheat.
b. homemade applesauce.
c. vanilla yogurt.
31. Of the following, a food choice that would help : 1361676