31) One of the two essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic acid. : 1201352.
31) One of the two essential fatty acids is alpha-linolenic acid. What is the other one?
32) Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are metabolic derivatives of
A) trans fat.
B) linoleic acid.
C) alpha-linolenic acid.
33) The Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range (AMDR) for fat is what percentage of total energy intake?
A) no more than 15%
B) no more than 20%
C) no more than 35%
D) no more than 50%
34) Which of the following foods contains hidden fats?
A) olive oil
C) chocolate cake
35) Which of the following species of fish would likely contain the highest levels of contaminants?
36) Which of the following health problems has been associated with high intakes of fat replacers?
B) gastrointestinal distress
C) elevated blood cholesterol levels
37) Which of the following statements is FALSE regarding the process of hydrogenation?
A) Hydrogenation creates trans fatty acids.
B) Hydrogenation is the process in which hydrogen atoms are added to double bonds.
C) Hydrogenation creates a “heart healthy” product.
D) Hydrogenation makes a product more solid at room temperature.
38) Which of the following is a fat replacer?
D) trans fat
39) Research has found the strongest association between dietary fat intake and what type of cancer?
40) The major form of fat in both food and the body is
31) One of the two essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic acid. : 1201352