31. (p. 275) The approach to strategic formulation and implementation utilizing strategies of : 1240105.
31. (p. 275) The approach to strategic formulation and implementation utilizing strategies of TQM to meet or exceed customers’ expectations and continuously improve products and/or services is referred to as the:
A. Value-added imperative
B. Quality imperative
C. Political imperative
D. Economic imperative
32. (p. 275-276) All of the following are characteristics of TQM except:
A. Quality is operationalized by meeting or exceeding customer expectations
B. The quality strategy is formulated by the front-line employees and is diffused throughout the organization
C. Everyone from top executives to hourly employees operates under a TQM strategy of delivering quality products/services to internal and external customers
D. TQM techniques range from traditional inspection and statistical quality control to cutting-edge human resource management techniques
33. (p. 277) This approach to formulation and implementation is one in which the MNC makes strategic decisions based on the merits of the individual situation rather than using a predetermined economic or political strategy.
A. Administrative coordination
B. Bureaucratic coordination
34. (p. 277) _____ is the production and distribution of products and services of a homogeneous type and quality on a worldwide basis.
A. Global integration
C. Cross-border integration
D. Market standardization
35. (p. 277) The need to understand the different consumer tastes in segmented regional markets and respond to different national standards and regulations imposed by autonomous governments and agencies is:
A. Global integration
B. International entrepreneurship
C. National responsiveness
D. Statutory compliance
36. (p. 279) This strategy is appropriate when the need for national responsiveness is low and the need for globalization integration is high.
37. (p. 279) When the need for national responsiveness is high and the need for global integration is also high, this strategy is appropriate.
38. (p. 279) When the need for national responsiveness is high and the need for global integration is low, a(n) _____ strategy is appropriate.
39. (p. 279) When the need for national responsiveness is low and the need for global integration is also low, which of the following strategies would be appropriate?
40. (p. 279) Which foreign marketing strategy is characterized by niche companies that adapt their products to satisfy the high demands of differentiation and ignore economies of scale because integration is not very important?