31) The enzyme produced by the salivary glands used in : 1221322.
31) The enzyme produced by the salivary glands used in the breakdown of starches is __________.
32) Segmentation is a type of mechanical digestion that occurs only in the __________.
33) When digestion is not occurring in the small intestine, bile is stored in the __________.
34) The process of eliminating indigestible residues from the GI tract is called __________.
35) Two hormones that promote the release of bile and pancreatic juice into the small intestine are __________.
36) The hormone responsible for promoting the release of pepsinogens, mucus, and hydrochloric acid in the stomach is called __________.
37) Two items absorbed through the stomach walls are __________ and __________.
38) Hydrochloric acid is necessary in the stomach for the conversion of pepsinogen into its active protein-digesting form called __________.
39) The chemical responsible for about half of protein digestion and all of fat digestion is __________.
40) When feces are forced into the rectum by mass movements and the wall of the rectum becomes stretched, the __________ is initiated.