31. The increased consumption of high-kilocalorie foods combined with sedentary : 1400639.
31. The increased consumption of high-kilocalorie foods combined with sedentary lifestyles in America is the direct cause of which of the following conditions?
A. kidney disease
D. respiratory disease
32. Who needs to take a nutrient supplement?
A. a pregnant woman
B. a young adolescent attending high school who misses breakfast at least a couple of times a week
C. a stressed-out college student studying for finals
D. a middle-aged businessman
33. When we do not consume enough of a nutrient, we eventually develop a(n) ________.
34. The element that is uniquely found in all proteins and some vitamins is ________.
35. Vitamins and minerals are considered ________ .
36. Which of the following would not be a standard method for assessing the nutritional status of individuals?
A. conducting dietary intake assessments
B. collecting anthropometric data
C. conducting psychological exams
D. collecting laboratory data
37. What is measured in the BMI of an individual?
A. waist-to-hip ratio
B. nutrient deficiencies
C. weight relative to height
D. blood sugar levels
38. The Framingham Heart Study revealed the connection between heart disease and
B. alcohol consumption.
C. cholesterol levels.
D. saturated fat.
39. In a physical examination, which of the following would a dietitian be most likely to examine for evidence of poor nutrition?
A. skin condition
B. heart rate
C. joint function
D. spinal alignment
40. What is one of the drawbacks of using a food record to collect dietary intake information?
A. It doesn’t show how much the individual eats.
B. It doesn’t show when foods are consumed.
C. It may not be reliable.
D. all of the above