31. The longest portion of the male urethra the A. : 1380659.
31. The longest portion of the male urethra is the
A. prostatic urethra.
B. membranous urethra.
C. spongy urethra.
D. ductile urethra.
E. glans penal urethra.
32. The penis consists of _____ columns of erectile tissue.
33. Which of the following is mismatched?
A. prepuce – skin that covers the glans penis
B. corpora cavernosa – forms the foreskin
C. glans penis – contains external urethral opening
D. corpus spongiosum – expands to form the glans penis
E. membranous urethra – between prostatic and spongy urethra
34. Circumcision is the surgical removal of the
B. crus penis.
C. glans penis.
D. corpora cavernosa.
E. bulb of penis.
35. Erection of the penis occurs when
A. the pubic bones move together.
B. the bulbourethral muscles contract.
C. lymphatic fluid accumulates in the glans penis.
D. penile erectile tissue becomes engorged with blood.
E. smooth muscle contraction occurs in ductus deferens.
36. The spongy urethra is surrounded by the
A. corpus cavernosum.
B. prostate gland.
C. corpus spongiosum.
D. bulbourethral glands.
37. Which of the following statements is false?
A. The seminal vesicles open into the membranous urethra.
B. The prostate gland surrounds the prostatic urethra and ejaculatory ducts.
C. The bulbourethral glands enter the spongy urethra at the base of the penis.
D. The prostate gland contains smooth muscle partitions covered with columnar epithelium.
E. The seminal vesicles are sac-shaped glands located next to the ampullae of the ductus deferentia.
38. The accessory glands located near the membranous urethra are the
A. seminal vesicles.
B. inguinal glands.
C. bulbourethral glands.
D. seminal receptacles.
E. penal glands.
39. Semen is
A. produced solely by the testis.
B. a vaginal secretion needed to activate sperm.
C. sperm cells plus the secretions of accessory glands.
D. responsible for engorgement of erectile tissue of the penis.
E. is composed only of sperm cells.
40. Most of the seminal fluid is produced
A. by the testes.
B. by the seminal vesicles.
C. by the prostate gland.
D. by the bulbourethral glands.
E. by the ejaculatory duct.