31. The nurse implementing care for a school-age child admitted : 1361553.
31. The nurse is implementing care for a school-age child admitted to the pediatric intensive care in diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). Which prescribed intervention should the nurse implement first?
a. Begin 0.9% saline solution intravenously as prescribed.
b. Administer regular insulin intravenously as prescribed.
c. Place child on a cardiac monitor.
d. Place child on a pulse oximetry monitor.
32. The nurse should teach parents of a preschool child with type 1 diabetes that which can raise the blood glucose level?
c. Decreased food intake
d. Lantus insulin
33. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory results on a school-age child with hypoparathyroidism. Which results are consistent with this condition?
a. Decreased serum phosphorus
b. Decreased serum calcium
c. Increased serum glucose
d. Decreased serum cortisol level
1. Nursing care of a child diagnosed with a syndrome of inappropriate ADH should include which of the following? (Select all that apply.)
a. Weigh daily
b. Encourage fluids
c. Turn frequently
d. Maintain nothing by mouth (NPO)
e. Restrict fluids
2. The nurse should expect to assess which clinical manifestations in an adolescent with Cushing syndrome? (Select all that apply.)
d. Cushingoid features
e. Susceptibility to infections
3. A nurse is planning care for a school-age child with type 1 diabetes. Which insulin preparations are rapid and short acting? (Select all that apply.)
a. Novolin N
d. Novolin R
4. A nurse is planning interventions for a toddler with juvenile hypothyroidism. Which interventions should the nurse plan to implement for this child? (Select all that apply.)
a. Moisturizer for dry skin
b. Antidiarrheal medications
c. Medications to help with insomnia
d. Implementation of thyroxine therapy
5. The nurse is caring for a school-age child with hyperthyroidism (Graves disease). Which clinical manifestations should the nurse monitor that may indicate a thyroid storm? (Select all that apply.)
1. The clinic nurse is reviewing hemoglobin A1c levels on several children with type 1 diabetes. Hemoglobin A1c levels of less than _____% is a goal for children with type 1 diabetes. (Record your answer in a whole number.)
31. The nurse implementing care for a school-age child admitted : 1361553