31. The phrase “Use By” a food product means that : 1400879.
31. The phrase “Use By” on a food product means that the product
A. must be purchased by that date.
B. should be consumed by that date.
C. may decline in quality after that date.
D. should be eaten within a week of that date.
32. Most food additives are designed to
A. preserve food.
B. enhance texture.
C. raise nutrient content.
D. improve visual appeal.
33. Which of the following is a negative result of the use of antibiotics in livestock?
A. They affect food quality.
B. They limit food production.
C. They give rise to animal diseases.
D. They promote antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
34. Organophosphates are a type of
35. What is the first step of the EPA’s risk assessment process for pesticides?
A. risk characterization
B. exposure assessment
C. hazard identification
D. dose-response assessment
36. In a sustainable food system, what is meant by “internal natural resources”?
A. resources available locally
B. resources that must be imported
C. resources used to produce food
D. resources used to transport food
37. Irrigation accounts for ________ percent of water consumption in the United States.
38. How much plant protein (in the form of animal feed is required to produce 1 pound of animal protein generated from livestock?
A. 3 pounds
B. 6 pounds
C. 9 pounds
D. 12 pounds
39. All of the following factors distinguish organic food from nonorganic food except
40. What does the label “natural” mean on a food product?
A. that it is organic
B. that it has not been processed
C. that no hormones were involved in its production
D. that it contains no artificial ingredients or added color