31. Urine drains from the nephron into the calyces through the A. loop : 1380625.
31. Urine drains from the nephron into the calyces through the
A. loop of Henle.
B. collecting duct.
C. distal convoluted tubule.
D. proximal convoluted tubule.
E. Bowman’s capsule.
32. Arrange the following in the sequence in which filtrate moves through them.
(1) loop of Henle
(2) Bowman’s capsule
(3) distal convoluted tubule
(4) proximal convoluted tubule
A. 1, 2, 3, 4
B. 4, 2, 1, 3
C. 2, 4, 3, 1
D. 2, 4, 1, 3
E. 3, 4, 1, 2
33. What type of cells form the proximal convoluted tubule?
A. simple cuboidal epithelium with microvilli
B. stratified squamous epithelium
C. pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium
D. simple columnar cells with microvilli and cilia
34. Choose the one that does not belong.
A. loop of Henle
C. distal convoluted tubule
D. proximal convoluted tubule
E. Bowman’s capsule
35. One feature of renal blood circulation that makes it unique is that
A. there is a double set of venules.
B. blood flows from arterioles into venules.
C. blood flows from venules into arterioles.
D. each nephron has at least two capillary networks.
E. the nephron is only associated with the glomerulus.
36. The vasa recta is a specialized portion of the
B. afferent arteriole.
C. efferent arteriole.
D. peritubular capillary.
E. interlobular artery.
37. Which of these vessels gives rise to the peritubular capillary?
B. arcuate artery
C. efferent arteriole
D. interlobular artery
E. afferent arteriole
38. Trace the path of a red blood cell from the renal artery to the glomerulus:
(1) interlobar artery
(2) interlobular artery
(3) segmental artery
(4) arcuate artery
(5) afferent arteriole
A. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
B. 1, 4, 2, 3, 5
C. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
D. 2, 1, 3, 5, 4
E. 1, 4, 3, 2
39. The urinary bladder
A. stores urine until it is voided.
B. empties to the exterior via the ureters.
C. contains a muscle called the trigone.
D. is superior to the kidney.
E. filters urine.
40. Skeletal muscle that surrounds the urethra as it extends through the pelvic floor forms the
B. lamina propria.
C. external urinary sphincter.
D. internal urinary sphincter.
E. involuntary portion of bladder control.