31) Which of the following a limitation of the USDA : 1201328.
31) Which of the following is a limitation of the USDA MyPlate?
A) The serving sizes do not always represent standard amounts of food that people buy, prepare, and serve.
B) Low-fat and low-calorie foods are very clearly defined in each food category.
C) The USDA MyPlate goes too far in encouraging individuals to consume healthier foods.
D) MyPlate replaces ethnic variations of the USDA Food Guide Pyramid.
32) Which of the following would NOT be a good practice for eating out healthfully?
A) Share an entrée with a friend.
B) Order low-fat or nonfat salad dressing served on the side.
C) Order cream-based soups to increase your calcium intake.
D) Instead of a beef burger, order a chicken or veggie burger.
33) An adequate intake of which nutrient during pregnancy is associated with a decreased risk of neural tube defects in newborns?
34) The statement of identity on a food label indicates
A) the common and identifiable name of the food product.
B) the date, time, and location that the food product was produced.
C) the name and address of the food manufacturer.
D) the complete list of every ingredient contained in the food product.
35) The label on a bag of potato chips indicates that one serving contains 250 Calories, with 150 Calories from fat. What percent of Calories comes from fat?
36) The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends a total daily cholesterol intake of
A) 0 mg.
B) 10 mg.
C) less than 300 mg.
D) less than 500 mg.
37) Which of the following is NOT a safe food-handling practice?
A) cooking foods to a proper temperature
B) avoiding unpasteurized milk products and raw seafood
C) washing hands when preparing and cooking foods
D) thawing frozen food at room temperature on the kitchen counter
38) There are many types of diet plans available today. The overall BEST diet plan is one that
A) provides adequate Calories.
B) provides enough fiber and not too much cholesterol.
C) fits the lifestyle and needs of the individual.
D) suggests only unprocessed and natural foods.
39) The Mediterranean diet protects against cardiovascular disease by
A) eliminating meat.
B) deriving 20% of total energy from fat.
C) incorporating a majority of its fat from plant oils.
D) eliminating high calorie foods, such as fats and sweets.
40) Which of the following characteristics describes the majority of meals offered at fast-food restaurants?
A) high in Calories
B) low in total fat
C) low in sodium
D) provide fresh fruits and vegetables
31) Which of the following a limitation of the USDA : 1201328