31) Which of the following an example of a nutrient : 1380965.
31) Which of the following is an example of a nutrient that helps to regulate bodily processes?
32) Which of the following is a trace mineral?
33) Which category of nutrient would be best described as compounds needed in small amounts in the diet to facilitate chemical reactions in the body?
B) trace minerals
34) Deficiency of which nutrient can cause muscle cramps, irregular heartbeat, or paralysis?
A) nutritional value of food.
B) amount of energy the food contains.
C) weight of the food.
D) amount of minerals and vitamins a food contains.
36) Which of the following has the most stored energy per gram?
37) In what way are the essential amino acids different from nonessential amino acids?
A) Nonessential amino acids are not necessary for any proteins we make.
B) Nonessential amino acids are not absorbed by the digestive tract.
C) Essential amino acids cannot be made and must be obtained from food.
D) Essential amino acids are the ones exclusively used to make enzymes.
38) What is unusual about soy protein as opposed to other plant protein sources?
A) Soy protein has all essential amino acids in the proper proportions.
B) Soy protein has the same saturated fat levels as animal fat.
C) Soy protein has more energy per gram than lipids.
D) Soy protein has only one-tenth the energy per gram of other proteins.
39) Which of the following is a complex carbohydrate that cannot be digested?
C) high fructose corn syrup
40) The measure of how blood glucose levels are affected by a given amount of carbohydrate is:
A) sugar input.
B) glycemic load.
C) monosaccharide ratio.
D) insulin index.