31) Which of the following an example of a physical : 1200342.
31) Which of the following is an example of a physical barrier, an innate defense mechanism?
A) secretions of sebaceous glands
B) fixed macrophages
E) histamine and heparin
32) Which of the following is the “first line of cellular defense” against foreign compounds or pathogens?
A) T cells
B) B cells
C) NK cells
E) plasma cells
33) Which cell population plays a pivotal role in the process of inflammation?
B) NK cells
D) complement proteins
E) mast cells
34) The ability of certain phagocytes to move through the wall of a capillary is called ________.
E) immunological escape
35) The ability of certain cells to respond to chemicals in their environment is called ________.
36) ________ are macrophages found in and around blood channels in the liver.
A) Mast cells
D) Kupffer cells
37) Virus-infected cells release
38) Interferons may be described as
A) products of the inflammatory response.
B) phagocytic cells.
C) an example of complement proteins.
D) coordinators of local defense activities.
E) pyrogenic cells.
39) During inflammation, clotting does not occur at the actual site of injury due to the presence of ________.
40) Which is the action of histamine?
A) releases digestive enzymes that destroy the injured cells and then attacks the surrounding tissues
B) increases rate of metabolism
C) interferes with viral replication inside the cell
D) makes capillaries more permeable and speeds up blood flow through the area of damaged tissue
E) enhances phagocytosis
31) Which of the following an example of a physical : 1200342