31) Which of the following NOT a major function of : 1201368.
31) Which of the following is NOT a major function of sodium?
A) assists in muscle contraction
B) maintains fluid balance
C) maintains normal heart rhythm
D) maintains acid-base balance
32) Which of the following do sodium and potassium NOT have in common?
A) Rich sources of both include fresh foods, such as bananas, cantaloupe, and potatoes.
B) Both participate in maintaining fluid balance.
C) Both are involved in nerve transmission.
D) Both are major electrolytes in the body.
33) Which of the following conditions is NOT related to an electrolyte imbalance?
B) muscle cramps
C) heart attack
34) What is fluid that is found in-between cells?
A) intracellular fluid
B) interstitial fluid
C) intravascular fluid
D) synovial fluid
35) Which of the following does NOT describe tissue fluid?
A) fluid that flows between cells
B) fluid that is also called interstitial fluid
C) fluid that is found in the blood stream
D) synovial fluid found within joints
36) Which of the following is NOT a mechanism to maintain the body’s internal temperature?
A) Fluid acts as a coolant by increasing the blood flow from the warm body core to the peripheral tissue, thus cooling the body.
B) Fluid has a high capacity for heat, so it requires a great deal of energy to raise its temperature.
C) Fluid is evaporated as sweat from the skin’s surface, thus cooling the body.
D) Warmed fluids from the body’s surface return to the body’s core, thus heating the body.
37) The movement of water through a semipermeable membrane toward solutes is called
38) Which of the following conditions can result in extra calcium being excreted in the urine?
B) low humidity
C) diuretic use
D) high sodium intake
39) The two electrolytes that enable nerves to respond to stimuli are sodium and
40) Of the following ethnic groups, which has the highest risk of developing hypertension?
D) African American
31) Which of the following NOT a major function of : 1201368