31) Which of the following NOT one of the primary : 1201285.
31) Which of the following is NOT one of the primary components of a sound weight change plan?
A) gradual change in energy intake
B) incorporation of regular and appropriate physical activity
C) application of behavior modification techniques
D) a change of more than 2 pounds per week
32) What type of weight loss will an individual experience by restricting calories but not increasing his or her level of physical activity?
A) The individual will lose mostly adipose tissue.
B) The individual will lose mostly lean body tissue.
C) The individual will lose both adipose and lean body tissue.
D) The individual will not lose any body weight.
33) What is the National Weight Control Registry?
A) a list of medical doctors specially trained at treating individuals with obesity
B) a government agency that monitors fad diets for quackery
C) recommendations from hundreds of registered dietitians suggesting ways to achieve a healthy body weight
D) an ongoing project detailing the habits of people who have lost at least 30 pounds and maintained their weight for at least one year
34) You weighed a team of football players and, according to their Body Mass Index, they are categorized as overweight and obese. Which of the following would you MOST LIKELY conclude?
A) The majority are probably obese and should make efforts to lose weight.
B) Their muscle weight is probably responsible for the elevated BMIs.
C) Their bones may be well mineralized, which is responsible for their BMI.
D) The BMI tables must be wrong; throw them out.
35) Which of the following would NOT be good advice for someone who is trying to gain weight?
A) Eat an additional 500 to 1,000 kcal a day.
B) Do not exercise.
C) Eat small, frequent meals.
D) Eat approximately 25 to 30% of kilocalories from fat.
36) Being underweight increases a person’s risk of developing
A) infection and illness.
B) high blood pressure.
C) sleep apnea.
D) type 1 diabetes.
37) In theory, what would be the approximate weight gain of a person who consumes an excess of 500 kcal every day for four weeks (e.g., about 28 days)?
A) 0.5 lbs
B) 2 lbs
C) 3 lbs
D) 4 lbs
38) Which of these is the MOST important dietary aspect to modify for weight loss?
39) Which of the following does NOT increase food intake?
B) neuropeptide Y
D) decreased blood glucose levels
40) A protein hormone produced in the stomach that stimulates appetite is
C) uncoupling protein.