31) Which of the following NOT typically a nutrient of : 1201360.
31) Which of the following is NOT typically a nutrient of concern for vegans?
B) vitamin B12
C) vitamin C
32) The type of vegetarian who eats vegetables, grains, fruits, eggs, and milk but excludes all other types of animal protein is called a
C) lacto-ovo vegetarian.
33) The type of protein-energy malnutrition characterized by a general lack of protein in the diet is called
B) sickle cell anemia.
C) cystic fibrosis.
34) During the process of protein synthesis, what is the step in which messenger RNA is decoded into an amino acid sequence at the cell’s ribosome called?
35) The absorption of proteins occurs in the
B) small intestine.
C) large intestine.
36) An acid-base imbalance can result in
A) no change in the pH of the blood.
B) an increased rate of absorption in the stomach.
C) coma and death.
D) digestive problems.
37) Which of the following statements is FALSE?
A) The healthy body’s primary energy source is carbohydrate and fat.
B) The body stores excess protein primarily for energy reserves.
C) To utilize protein for energy, the amine group is removed.
D) Eating sufficient carbohydrate and fat will spare body protein.
38) Which of the following health problems is NOT associated with high protein intakes?
A) heart disease
B) kidney disease
C) bone loss
D) sickle cell anemia
39) Which of the following supplements would you recommend a vegan add to his/her diet?
C) vitamin B12
D) vitamin C
40) A well-planned vegetarian diet reduces the risk for many chronic diseases. For which of the following conditions does such a diet NOT minimize the risk?
B) heart disease
31) Which of the following NOT typically a nutrient of : 1201360