31) Which of the following will raise HDL and lower : 1380955.
31) Which of the following will raise HDL and lower LDL levels?
B) replacing unsaturated fat in the diet with saturated fat
C) drinking more milk
D) stopping the use of anti-inflammatory medications
32) In an area that has been “set up” for a heart attack by plaque formation, what is the most direct final trigger likely to be?
A) a sudden rise in HDL levels
B) a sudden drop in LDL levels
C) thinning of the blood
D) blood clot formation in the swollen area
E) eating a fatty meal
33) What relationship between LDLs and HDLs is the healthiest?
A) high levels of both HDLs and LDLs
B) high levels of LDLs and low levels of HDLs
C) low levels of LDLs and high levels of HDLs
D) low levels of both HDLs and LDLs
34) Which of the following usually drain blood from a capillary bed?
35) Some of the fluid that leaks out of the capillaries is pulled back nearer to the end of the capillary bed by:
A) higher blood pressure in the capillaries.
B) suction from valves.
C) higher osmotic pressure in the capillaries.
D) low interstitial fluid pressure.
36) What force is most important in returning blood back to the heart in the veins?
A) contraction of the skeletal muscles in the body
B) contraction of the ventricles on the heart
D) osmotic pressure of proteins in the blood
37) Which is the best description of the function of the respiratory system?
A) delivers carbon dioxide to the blood
B) fills the lungs with air
C) facilitates gas exchange between the environment and body cells
D) delivers oxygen to the blood
38) The tiny air sacs of the lungs are called:
39) The combination of large numbers and small size collectively gives alveoli what characteristic that is essential to their function?
A) low air resistance
B) easy inflatability
C) low surface area
D) high surface area
40) The movement of air in and out of the lungs is called:
A) cellular respiration.
C) external respiration.
D) internal respiration.
31) Which of the following will raise HDL and lower : 1380955