31) Which statement about the reaction H2 + Cl2 → : 1200414.
31) Which statement about the reaction H2 + Cl2 → 2HCl is correct?
A) H2 and Cl2 are the products.
B) HCl is the product.
C) One molecule of hydrogen contains one atom.
D) One molecule of chlorine contains one atom.
E) The reaction is unbalanced.
32) When two monosaccharides undergo a dehydration synthesis,
A) a new monosaccharide is formed.
B) a starch is formed.
C) a polysaccharide is formed.
D) a condensation reaction occurs.
E) hydrolysis occurs.
33) Hydrolysis is an example of which type of reaction?
B) reversible reaction
D) synthesis reaction
E) decomposition reaction
34) Choose the most accurate definition of chemical reaction.
A) It is a process in which bonds between atoms are formed or broken.
B) It is the energy of motion.
C) It is an increase in random molecular motion.
D) It is movement or a change in the physical structure of matter.
E) It is the capacity to perform work.
35) The reaction N2 + 3H2 → 2NH3 would be an example of a(n)
A) exchange reaction.
B) decomposition reaction.
C) synthesis reaction.
D) enzyme reaction.
E) metabolic reaction.
36) AB → A + B is to decomposition as A + B ↔ AB is to
37) Chemical reactions that occur in the human body are catalyzed by special protein molecules called ________.
38) The addition of energy to start a reaction is called the energy of
A) endergonic control.
C) exergonic control.
39) Chemical reactions that release energy are categorized as ________.
40) In an endergonic reaction,
A) large molecules are broken down into smaller ones.
B) small molecules are assembled into larger ones.
C) molecules are rearranged to form new molecules.
D) molecules move from reactants to products and back.
E) energy is consumed during the reaction.