31) Your grandmother has recently been diagnosed with type 2 : 1201267.
31) Your grandmother has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Which of the following professionals is MOST likely to be qualified to offer your grandmother assistance in planning her diabetic diet?
A) registered dietitian (RD)
B) PhD in exercise science
C) medical doctor (MD)
32) The BRFSS is the government
A) survey that tracks lifestyle habits that increase risks for developing chronic diseases.
B) survey that tracks nutrition education programs in the United States.
C) agency that protects the health and safety of the American people.
D) agency that conducts medical research in the United States.
33) Which of the following professional titles has NO definition or laws regulating it?
A) registered dietitian
B) medical doctor
D) licensed nutritionist
34) The type of study that compares a group of individuals with a disease to another similar but healthy group is called a(n)
A) double-blind study.
B) clinical trial.
C) intervention study.
D) case control study.
35) The group given a specific treatment or intervention during an experiment is called what?
A) the experimental group
B) the control group
C) the double-blind group
D) the blind group
36) Dr. Sullivan is conducting a clinical trial to determine if vitamin Z can improve test performance of students in an introductory college nutrition course. Dr. Sullivan puts all the students’ names in a hat and draws names to determine if they will be placed in the control or the experimental group. The experimental group receives a capsule of vitamin Z and the control group a “sugar pill” that tastes and looks identical to the vitamin Z capsule. Neither Dr. Sullivan nor the participants knows who is receiving which treatment. This experiment is BEST described as
A) single-blind, random selection.
B) double-blind, placebo-controlled.
C) single-blind, random selection, placebo-controlled.
D) double-blind, random selection, placebo-controlled.
37) What is the first step of the scientific method?
A) Formulate a hypothesis.
B) Design and conduct an experiment.
C) Collect and analyze data.
D) Observe a phenomenon.
38) National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) collects dietary information of Americans by using a
A) website where individuals can self-report their dietary intake online.
B) personal interview that collects information from a 24-hour diet recall.
C) telephone survey that collects information using a food frequency questionnaire.
D) written survey that collects information using a food likes and dislikes questionnaire.
39) The chemicals found in foods that are critical to human growth and function are called
40) What term is commonly used to describe foods that are grown without the use of synthetic pesticides?
C) genetically modified organism (GMO)
31) Your grandmother has recently been diagnosed with type 2 : 1201267