38) Bacteria the smallest living things known.
39) Microscopic algae and : 1380881.
38) Bacteria are the smallest living things known.
39) Microscopic algae and bacteria produce over half of the oxygen in the atmosphere.
40) The core of some viruses is carbohydrate in nature.
41) Scientists do not consider viruses to be alive because viruses cannot metabolize outside a host cell.
42) When a virus takes over the machinery of a cell, it forces the cell to manufacture more viral particles.
43) Bacteria are considered to be a type of protist.
44) The simplest eukaryotes are the bacteria.
45) Some bacteria can obtain their nutrition by photosynthesis.
46) Spherical bacteria are called cocci.
47) Rod-shaped bacteria are called spirochetes.