38) Ecological dominants typically the top predators in a community.
39) : 1381002.
38) Ecological dominants are typically the top predators in a community.
39) A community is a more inclusive category than a population.
40) Communities with the most biodiversity are found in areas with low geographic diversity.
41) Ecological dominants are always the most abundant members of a community.
42) Because their absence may have negative repercussions for population control and resource use for the whole community, lions on the African savanna are identified as a keystone species.
43) To be a keystone species, an organism must be the most numerous species in an environment.
44) Genetic diversity may be one of the characteristics of a biologically diverse community.
45) Biodiversity is essential for all communities to survive.
46) The term “niche” is usually limited to a description of the physical surroundings in which a species is normally found.
47) Competitive exclusion of native organisms is a frequent result of the introduction, by humans, of non-native organisms to an environment.