41) ________ released in response to a decrease in blood : 1200331.
41) ________ is released in response to a decrease in blood volume.
42) When blood flow in a capillary bed decreases in response to locally high oxygen levels, it is caused by
A) intercellular chemicals.
D) neural mechanisms.
E) endocrine mechanisms.
43) Which of the following monitors blood pressure at the end of the systemic circuit?
A) aortic baroreceptors
B) carotid sinus baroreceptors
C) aortic body chemoreceptors
D) carotid body chemoreceptors
E) atrial baroreceptors
44) A decrease in peripheral vein diameter is called
E) peripheral resistance.
45) Which hormone is released by the kidneys when blood pressure falls or the oxygen content of the blood becomes abnormally low?
C) angiotensin II
46) ________ involves the alteration of peripheral resistance by acting directly on precapillary sphincters.
A) ANP release
C) Chemoreceptor reflex
D) Renin release
E) Baroreceptor reflex
47) Which of the following will cause a decrease in blood pressure?
A) increased levels of aldosterone
B) increased levels of angiotensin II
C) increased blood volume
D) increased levels of ANP (atrial natriuretic peptide)
E) increased levels of ADH (antidiuretic hormone)
48) Which of the following changes will result in increased blood flow at an injury site during inflammation?
A) increased blood volume
B) increased vessel diameter
C) increased blood pressure
D) decreased peripheral resistance
E) relaxation of precapillary sphincters
49) Baroreceptors that function in maintaining adequate blood flow to the brain are located in the
A) carotid sinus.
B) brain stem.
C) left ventricle.
D) common iliac artery.
E) aortic bodies.
50) What is the primary function of the vasomotor center of the medulla oblongata?
A) increases cardiac output through sympathetic innervation
B) reduces cardiac output through parasympathetic innervation
C) monitors the chemical composition of blood
D) monitors the degree of stretch in the walls of expandable organs
E) controls the diameters of arterioles through sympathetic innervation
41) ________ released in response to a decrease in blood : 1200331