41. A 62-year-old woman who smokes one pack of cigarettes : 1361642.
41. A 62-year-old woman who smokes one pack of cigarettes a day and whose food intake records reveal a minimal intake of vitamin C foods may be at risk for
a. easy bruising and pinpoint hemorrhages.
b. cracked and bleeding lips.
c. fevers and infections.
d. neurologic disorders.
42. An example of a meal high in vitamin C is
a. bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich and strawberries.
b. hamburger, french fries, and salad.
c. pasta salad, whole-grain roll, and apple.
d. nachos with refried beans and salsa.
43. Phytochemicals act as
a. vitamins and minerals.
b. cofactors and enzymes.
c. antioxidants and hormones.
d. antibiotics and antifungals.
44. Foods rich in phytochemicals include
a. mushrooms and algae.
b. fruits and vegetables.
c. yogurt and goat’s milk.
d. soy milk and tofu.
45. A young woman who is interested in becoming pregnant should be counseled on healthy eating choices, especially regarding folate-containing foods, which may help prevent
a. neural tube defects.
c. pernicious anemia.
d. aplastic anemia.
41. A 62-year-old woman who smokes one pack of cigarettes : 1361642