41. Discharge of semen into the prostatic urethra called A. : 1380660.
41. Discharge of semen into the prostatic urethra is called
42. The forceful expulsion of semen from the urethra caused by contraction of smooth muscle in the urethra and skeletal muscle surrounding the base of the penis is called
C. physiological contracture.
43. Which of the following glands is correctly matched with its function?
A. seminal vesicles – provide nutrients for sperm
B. prostate – lubricates the penis during intercourse
C. bulbourethral glands – produce a thin, sweet fluid
D. testes – produce most of the semen
E. prostate – contributes most of the fluid
44. Given the following glands, choose the arrangement that represents the order in which the glands release their secretions to form semen.
(1) prostate gland
(2) bulbourethral glands
(3) seminal vesicles
A. 1, 2, 3
B. 2, 1, 3
C. 3, 1, 2
D. 3, 2, 1
E. 2, 3, 2
45. Which of the following substances found in semen is mismatched with its function?
A. fructose – nourishes sperm
B. mucous – lubricates urethra
C. fibrinogen – transient coagulation of semen
D. prostaglandins – cause urethral contractions
E. prostaglandins – cause uterine contractions
46. Which of the following substances are found in the secretions of the prostate gland?
A. mucous and fibrinogen
B. fructose and mucous
C. fibrinolysin and clotting factors
D. prostaglandins and sperm
E. acid and mucous
47. The secretions produced by the prostate gland
A. are acidic.
B. contain fructose.
C. contain mucous.
D. constitute about 30% of the semen.
E. constitute about 90% of the semen.
48. A blood test for the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is useful in the diagnosis of
B. prostatic atrophy.
C. prostatic cancer.
D. prostatic infection.
E. urinary tract infection.
49. A pituitary tumor interferes with FSH secretion. How would this effect a male?
A. He would develop a feminine body contour.
B. He would not produce sperm.
C. He would have an erection.
D. There would be no effect as FSH is found only in females.
E. He would produce too many sperm.
50. Luteinizing hormone (LH) binds to interstitial (Leydig) cells and
A. inhibits sustentacular cells.
B. promotes sperm cell production by the interstitial cells.
C. decreases testosterone production by the interstitial cells.
D. stimulates GnRH levels to increase in the testes.
E. increases testosterone production by the interstitial cells.
41. Discharge of semen into the prostatic urethra called A. : 1380660