41) The brain and the spinal cord make up the : 1380931.
41) The brain and the spinal cord make up the central nervous system (CNS).
42) Any nerve that carries messages from the brain and spinal cord is an afferent division of the PNS.
43) Voluntary movement of the legs is controlled by the somatic nervous system.
44) Neurons are not true cells because they aren’t spherical in shape.
45) A nerve is larger than a neuron.
46) The neuron being stimulated by a neurotransmitter comes after the synaptic cleft.
47) When a neuron is resting, it has a higher concentration of Na+ ions inside the cell membrane than outside.
48) The action potential moves across the synaptic cleft as an electrical signal.
49) The parasympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system would be key in preserving an individual who is escaping from a dangerous situation.
50) Damage to the medulla oblongata in the brain could interfere with breathing.