41) The goal of labor ________.
E) : 1200426.
41) The goal of labor is ________.
42) Distortion of the cervix stimulates maternal release of which hormone?
E) human chorionic gonadotropin
43) Regarding lactation and the mammary glands, which statement is true?
A) Colostrum contains more proteins than breast milk.
B) An expectant mother’s mammary glands begin producing colostrum by the end of the second month of pregnancy.
C) As colostrum production increases, the mammary glands convert to milk production.
D) Colostrum, unlike milk, contains large quantities of lysozymes.
E) Colostrum has much more fat than breast milk.
44) Regarding puberty in girls in the United State, the growth rate is maximal between the ages of ________.
A) 5-9 years
B) 9-11 years
C) 10-13 years
D) 13-15 years
E) 16-18 years
45) “Induced” abortions
A) happen due to physiological problems.
B) are called “miscarriages.”
C) are performed when continuing a pregnancy represents a threat to the life and health of the mother.
D) occur due to developmental problems.
E) are performed at the woman’s request.
46) The aging process is called ________.
A) neonate stage
47) The period from birth to the end of the first month is known as (the) ________.
B) neonatal period
48) The period of sexual and physical maturation is (the) ________.
E) neonatal period
49) Which statement regarding the neonatal renal system is true?
A) Neonates can highly concentrate urine prior to excretion.
B) As waste products build up in venous blood, they are excreted at the kidneys.
C) Glomerular filtration does not occur until birth.
D) Glomerular filtration is normal.
E) Neonatal fluid requirements are proportionally much lower than those of adults.
50) Choose the correct statement regarding neonates.
A) Urinary water losses are low.
B) The digestive system is extremely active before birth.
C) Neonatal respiratory rates are considerably lower than those of adults.
D) Typical neonatal heart rates are lower than fetal heart rates.
E) At birth, the lungs are fully expanded and filled with fluid.