41) Which the mechanism of enzyme functioning?
A) Enzymes raise the : 1200415.
41) Which is the mechanism of enzyme functioning?
A) Enzymes raise the activation energy of a reaction.
B) Enzymes remove hydrogen ions.
C) Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
D) Enzymes replace hydrogen ions.
E) Enzymes promote complementary base-pairing.
42) All of the elements and compounds that are eaten and used by the body for some function are called
A) inorganic compounds.
B) organic compounds.
43) Which of the following is an essential component of organic compounds?
B) carbon dioxide
44) What is the primary composition of organic compounds?
A) carbon and oxygen atoms
B) oxygen and hydrogen atoms
C) oxygen and nitrogen atoms
D) carbon and hydrogen atoms
E) nitrogen and carbon atoms
45) Which of the following pairs of elements can be classified as inorganic only?
A) sodium and hydrogen
B) carbon and oxygen
C) calcium and carbon
D) hydrogen and carbon
E) sodium and calcium
46) The best definition of organic material is anything that contains
A) carbon and oxygen covalently bonded.
B) carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen covalently bonded.
C) carbon and hydrogen covalently bonded.
D) hydrogen covalently bonded.
E) carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen covalently bonded.
47) Which of the following is inorganic?
A) fatty acid
48) Which of the following constitutes most of the total body weight in humans?
E) organic molecules
49) A mixture of water and a salt would result in breaking down the salt into a mixture of cations and anions. This process is called ________.
A) dehydration synthesis
D) condensation reaction
50) When individual anions or cations interact with the positive or negative ends of polar water molecules breaking bonds apart, what is this process called?