42) The job of an ecologist to preserve the natural : 1380993.
42) The job of an ecologist is to preserve the natural world.
43) All the members of a single species of frog in a particular pond would be an example of a population.
44) A community of organisms and the physical environment with which they interact is an ecosystem.
45) A population that grows by an unvarying number of new units added to the population per unit of time is undergoing exponential growth.
46) Arithmetic growth will produce a faster population increase over time than an exponential growth curve.
47) The carrying capacity of an environment can cause a population initially growing very quickly to level off, resulting in an S-shaped curve.
48) The intrinsic rate of increase of a population is usually referred to as “r.”
49) The intrinsic rate of growth of a population is calculated by adding the death rate and the birth rate.
50) Most r-selected species are small and short lived.
51) Most K-selected species have short generation times.